Hero Sanctum

A Free-form place to live out your superhero dreams! Be anyone you want with almost unrestricted powers.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» When In Rome... Watch It Burn [P]
Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:30 pm by Taka

» Godspeed [Updates]
Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:05 pm by Taka

» Mimi “Taka” Wright [FIN]
Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:47 pm by Taka

» Absolute Speed
Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:10 pm by Taka

» No Rest For The Wicked (Pt. 2) [Void, Kosuke]
Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:02 pm by Kosuke

» Wrong Side Of The Law [P,PLOT,INTRO]
Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:20 pm by Chaos

» We have a PLOT?!?!?! [ARC 1]
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:45 am by Chaos

» Vin Devicci [FIN]
Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:04 am by Kosuke

» Organization Test [WIP]
Thu May 31, 2018 5:36 pm by Fortune

Top posting users this week

Share | 

No Rest For The Wicked (Pt. 2) [Void, Kosuke]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kosuke
SSS-Rate
SSS-Rate

PostSubject: No Rest For The Wicked (Pt. 2) [Void, Kosuke]   Tue May 29, 2018 9:05 am

Quiver was waiting at the designated meeting point, which was on the roof of a building overlooking the old clan compound. She had been moderately surprised to hear from Oliver after so many years, but it was good to hear he was doing well, not that she thought he wouldn't be. He had asked that she meet some associate of his for this mission and that she would be filled in on what exactly their purpose was whenever he got here. She did wonder what staking out this old family home was all about, it wasn't common for a mercenary group of their particular talents to hunt normal civilians or white collar criminals, so she knew something must be up. But, she would simply wait for the one code named: Void.

Kosuke for his part, had just gotten out of bed. He looked over to whee his cousin was still sleeping. The boy had made tremendous progress in his training and was just on the very cusp of unlocking his sharingan. Once that happened, his real training would take off. While he waited for the exhausted boy to wake up, he made his way through the compound to the kitchen, so he could begin working on a traditional breakfast. He felt that it was odd that he didn't sense the usual mass amounts of chakra signatures all around him like normal, but he also wasn't trying very hard, so he chalked it up to laziness. He was wearing his normal tattered black, hooded haori with the Kanji for Hokage on the back. Part of him wondered when the being known as Oliver would make another move on him. He had to admit the man moved well enough in secret that he may have made a fine shinobi back in the day. Though he couldn't forgive the little army unit he sent after him due to the risk they put his cousin in. Not like he couldn't heal him or even bring him back, but it was just the thought that the boy was still innocent and had nothing to do with this little feud, so he should be left out of it. Though he did hope for a peaceful solution, given the time he spent with his cousin, he was slowly starting to see that the humans of this era did still have potential, they just needed a guiding hand, although they would never reach their ancestor's level, they could at least try.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Void
SSS-Rate
SSS-Rate

PostSubject: Re: No Rest For The Wicked (Pt. 2) [Void, Kosuke]   Wed May 30, 2018 6:11 pm

A tall, white-haired man clad in red and black walked casually up to the rendezvous point, heavy combat boots clicking as he gave a brief wave of greeting to Quiver. He wasn't wearing a mask, which was one of the first indications that he honestly didn't care much about who could recognize him, or that he was strong enough that it wouldn't matter much either way. The second, and almost more noticeable thing about him would lend towards the latter, and it consisted of an aura of confidence and power that rolled off from him in waves. He wore a modern-looking katana at his waist, and had a sleek silver handgun strapped to his right thigh.

Stepping up next to the other Super, he would examine the old compound for a brief moment before closing his eyes and speaking in a low bass. "Quiver, I presume? My name is Void. I apologize for the wait, but I needed to speak to General Hammond about his defenses and preparations. I suppose I should give you a quick briefing."

Opening his silver-bronze eyes, the tan Super would look Quiver in the eye and be as concise as possible considering the situation. "I'm not sure what Chaos has told you, but there is a storm coming, and he wishes to be as prepared as possible. He is gathering allies, and wishes to form a coalition of sorts in preparation for what is to come. The man that resides in that compound can either help or hinder this endeavor."

Taking a deep breath, he would continue. He wasn't nervous. If he was honest with himself, he was excited. "Our target is a man named Kosuke Uchiha. We are to attempt to negotiate with him, but if push comes to shove we are to take him in by force. This is going to be easier said than done, as Chaos himself estimates the man to be an SSS-Ranked threat. Thus, I want you to promise me something. If I give the order, I want you to make your way outside the ten blocks we have marked off as soon as you can, and tell Hammond to engage the shields. We can't afford to lose you, since you're our only chance at bringing Squad Zero into the fold. Don't worry past that, because the shields should eliminate most of the collateral damage should I need to get serious."

Even if she was confused, Void's stare would hopefully convince Quiver that arguing wasn't an option. Jumping off the building they were standing on, Void would walk straight through the compound's entrance and whistle, hoping to draw out anyone in hiding. "Come on out, and don't make any rash decisions. We only want to talk."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kosuke
SSS-Rate
SSS-Rate

PostSubject: Re: No Rest For The Wicked (Pt. 2) [Void, Kosuke]   Wed May 30, 2018 7:13 pm

Quiver watched as the white haired boy approached with a confident air, obviously he had picked that up from Oliver. She listened to their mission and had to admit she was somewhat nervous to be going after an SSS-rate super with only one teammate, no real plan and a no-kill rule. That would make things far more difficult, but it would be fine, things were usually fine where she was concerned. Nodding to the boy she would add a bit to his plan. "I am an archer, and am much better at range. So, I will remain here to provide cover should you need it." With that said, Void jumped down and walked right in. Yep. He is insane.

Kosuke was now curious as to the crowds of chakra he could feel at a particular distance away but he only felt two near his location. Both were higher than the average chakra signature and one, the larger one, was approaching the compound. Actually, it had just walked into the compound and he could hear the male whistling and calling him to come out. Activating his enhanced sharingan, he could see that it was a male with a very large chakra signature, similar to that of Oliver McAllister. He mentioned only wishing to talk, but Kosuke kept his sharingan active as he walked out into the substreet between the different houses in the compound. He was now nearly 30m away from the white haired man that was armed only with a katana and one of the gun weapons he had seen a few of the other civilians use. "You are trespassing. What is it you want, Gaki?" He appeared to look unmoving and apathetic, but his mind and sharingan were working overtime processing all the information he was receiving. He could see the archer woman on the roof nearly half a mile away, she was drawn and had her aim set on him. Clearly she was under the impression he would allow her to shoot him. But, if these people did come in peace, he would humor them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Void
SSS-Rate
SSS-Rate

PostSubject: Re: No Rest For The Wicked (Pt. 2) [Void, Kosuke]   Wed May 30, 2018 7:33 pm

Void stared back at the man that had just walked out and addressed him, one corner of his mouth twitching upwards in spite of his desire to quench his own personal excitement. No one he had met other than Oliver was truly capable of giving him any sort of challenge, and yet the black-haired being that appeared around his own age in front of him may have just added to that list. His eyes appeared to be glowing red, with black marks spinning within. They were likely part of his power, then, which would theoretically match the descriptions given. Crossing his arms loosely, but keeping his feet in a position indicating readiness to fight, Void would respond in a tone that matched his adversary's.

"As I said, I simply want to talk. My name is Void, and I'm an associate of Chaos, or Oliver MacAllister. He believes we may have gotten off on the wrong foot. There's a storm coming, and the world needs people capable of defending it. I've been told to extend an olive branch and a formal apology for the actions taken against you. We wish for you to join us, and in return you will have all of the facilities and resources you could ever dream of at your disposal. From the reports our soldiers gave us you have family, yes? We could help with his development and training. We could help you protect him."

Letting this sink in for a moment and hoping that Kosuke's familial bonds would help him to see that this was the right decision, Void would close his eyes and sigh. Now came the moment of truth. "I'm going to be honest with you. I'm hoping you accept this of your own free will. Otherwise, my orders are to take you in forcefully. You're too great of a threat to the world to be left unchecked, and while I truly do love a good fight, I don't want any innocents to get hurt in the crossfire."

Moving a single hand to the sheath of his katana, slow enough not to be a threatening gesture but clearly meaning to bring weight to his statement, Void waited for the response. Hopefully, it would be the peaceful one. If it wasn't, though, it wouldn't matter much.

Void always won.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kosuke
SSS-Rate
SSS-Rate

PostSubject: Re: No Rest For The Wicked (Pt. 2) [Void, Kosuke]   Wed May 30, 2018 7:51 pm

Kosuke narrowed his eyes at the mention of Kei. So they knew more about him than he cared for them to. Not only that, but this man was subtly threatening him, should he not be taken prisoner willingly. Like they could take him. Looking back to the boy, his eyes held emotion now. Yes, much more emotion than a moment ago, but definitely not an emotion one would want to be on the receiving end of. This was a look that had been perfected in his time in the ANBU and as Hokage, a look that promised death and suffering to those who saw it. Holding out his right hand, a black orb would form before transforming into a katana that he took into his hand. He was glad he had access to all of his powers and then some now that he was back in the Land of the Living. He began to walk towards the boy, "You are 20,000 years too early to capture me." As he walked, he formed another ball that expanded into a shield that caught an arrow aimed right at his shoulder. The arrow ceased to exist the moment it touched the black shield. The shield then reformed into the ball and hovered behind Kosuke as he walked, his eyes turning grey with concentric rings, one eye containing nine tomoe marks. "I will not allow you or those you serve to threaten myself or my family, and I definitely do not need your aid in protecting them." He couldn't explain it, but something about someone thinking he or his family needed extra protection set him off. He had been relatively low key since he attacked Oliver in his office. But, he couldn't see a way for this one boy and his archer to take him down. He was beyond even his prime now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Void
SSS-Rate
SSS-Rate

PostSubject: Re: No Rest For The Wicked (Pt. 2) [Void, Kosuke]   Wed May 30, 2018 8:27 pm

Void closed his eyes and sighed, taking hold of his katana's sheath firmly before opening them once more. This wasn't what he wanted at all, but if he needed to prove this arrogant fool wrong then so be it. Quiver shot an arrow at the target, but the shield made out of that odd black orb dissolved it before it ever reached his body. Grabbing the hilt of the Masamune Type 0 at his hip and feeling the heavy locking mechanism disengage, he prepared himself to make his first move before speaking. "So be it."

Disappearing in a burst of raw speed, fast enough that he would vanish from the sight of even most Supers, Void would reappear behind Kosuke with his sword already drawn and halfway through a strike to his lower back. At the same time, his right leg was being brought around in a low sweep towards the other man's knee.

Frankly, Void would be disappointed if Kosuke couldn't keep up with at least this much, which was hardly a fraction of his true capabilities. Of course, however, if he cut loose this early in the fight, before they had truly felt each other out, he would be the fool. If push came to shove, however, he had THAT.

Then again, if he got pushed into using THAT this early in the fight, it would be reckless and stupid on his part, two things that Void wasn't despite his invincibility.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kosuke
SSS-Rate
SSS-Rate

PostSubject: Re: No Rest For The Wicked (Pt. 2) [Void, Kosuke]   Wed May 30, 2018 8:39 pm

The moment Void went into motion, Kosuke surged an obscene amount of chakra through his entire body and entered sage mode to boot. He then used Kamui to cause Voids attack to phase through him. Moving his blade at speeds equal to his opponent, he would move it to cut through his opponents katana. If this succeeded, the katana would dissipate into nothingness. Forming a single hand seal, he would let out a stream of white hot fire at Void, knowing the man was probably durable enough it wouldn't work on him, but confident it would harden the sand that was beginning to coil around the man like a snake. While this was going on, his truth seeking ball shield blocked more arrows than he cared to count. He thought of forming a clone to go and take care of the woman, but he didn't feel it was needed. "I have been keeping to myself. Why is it you people find it necessary to come for me?" He didn't want to be messed with, he wanted to be left alone. Of course, a few weeks ago, when he felt like humanity was just filled with weaklings who had devolved past the point of being able to really defend themselves, he may have felt differently. But, after learning what he did from Oliver's mind, and seeing the progress his cousin had made, he was sure that Humanity wasn't beyond redemption, but it also wasn't his problem at the moment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Void
SSS-Rate
SSS-Rate

PostSubject: Re: No Rest For The Wicked (Pt. 2) [Void, Kosuke]   Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:25 am

Void's eyes widened and then narrowed as both his blade and foot passed harmlessly through Kosuke's body, before twisting his wrist to catch the blade made of an odd black material on his wrist instead of his sword. There was no need to have one of his primary weapons destroyed so quickly in the battle. Batting the weapon aside, he was just in time to get a face full of white-hot flames, and have his legs trapped by-was that glass? Ah, fuck.

Breaking the bindings and falling back within the flames, Void waited for it to be over before tearing off the red coat he wore over his sleeveless body armor and throwing it over Kosuke's head, drawing the Wolf Moon and firing a single round at the man's shoulder. In that slight engagement, Void had managed to learn a few things about his opponent. First, his main ability certainly stemmed from those strange eyes of his. They swirled inward just before he became incorporeal, and their change was somehow related to the odd balls of destructive energy he was capable of creating. Second, said orbs seemed capable of reacting near-independent to his will, and had the ability to both mold themselves into different shapes and destroy any material they came in contact with, Void himself notwithstanding. Third?

His physical capabilities were certainly superhuman, but compared to other, more specialized Supers they capped off fairly early. A normal bullet he would likely be able to dodge, even if it were just by reacting to the sound of the expanding gasses firing the round itself, but a shot from the Wolf Moon from a range of less than ten feet? No. It fired near-silently, and moved far too fast. Mach 10 was difficult even for most speed-based Supers to reach.

Let's see how his healing matches up...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kosuke
SSS-Rate
SSS-Rate

PostSubject: Re: No Rest For The Wicked (Pt. 2) [Void, Kosuke]   Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:01 pm

It would seem his opponent was quick to react to his Kamui, and he easily broke out of the restraints Kosuke had created. Watching as his assailant pulled one of his guns and fired a round he was taken aback by the speed with which the projectile moved. It was far faster than the others he had encountered, he was still able to track it easily, but he hadn’t properly prepared himself to dodge it at this distance. It caught him in the shoulder, taking out a large chunk of his arm and the remains of said arm dropping the the ground. Kosuke stumbled back some as the arm that fell crumbled into paper-like dust and the stump where his arm had been began to reform with the same substance. It was the first time he had regenerated anything major in his form and he was not used to the feeling. It actually was a feeling he couldn’t understand. Feeling this, he released a powerful, but small range shinra tensei. It wouldn’t be enough to harm the man most likely but it would be strong enough to blast him through the skyscraper behind him. It came with no warning or tells, just a random force emanating from Kosuke himself. He would then form a clone, both forming a rasengan in each hand then expanding them into four wind release rasenshuriken. Throwing them at high speeds to where the man would land, when they exploded they would surely catch both him and his accomplice in the dome of ten billion wind blades.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Void
SSS-Rate
SSS-Rate

PostSubject: Re: No Rest For The Wicked (Pt. 2) [Void, Kosuke]   Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:43 pm

Void, for his part, merely raised an eyebrow as he saw Kosuke's arm begin repairing itself from a paper-like substance. Holstering the Wolf Moon, he adjusted his grip on his katana before he was impacted by what felt like a wall of force. He managed to hold his ground for all of a second before being blasted backwards and through a skyscraper, taking out several support beams before landing on the opposite side. Before he had even hit the ground, four spiraling shuriken made of wind and energy collided with him, creating a meat grinder that enveloped the area. Laying there, trying to steady his breathing, Void could only hope that Quiver had managed to make it out of that torrent okay. She seemed like a lucky enough person, though, so who knows? At least the...Whoops. He spoke too soon.

"OH COME O-" Could be heard coming from Void's general vicinity as the skyscraper toppled over, falling flat on the younger man's prone form. As the dust settled, Kosuke may end up of the opinion that it was over, as would Quiver. Frankly, having a skyscraper fall on you AFTER having been blown through it, and having been barraged with billions of tiny blades, would kill most anyone, powers or not.

The building itself, miraculously mostly-intact despite it's recent introduction to the ground, began to shudder and groan as it rose into the air and was tossed to the side. Void, his hair tousled instead of slicked back, breathing a bit harder than normal, and brushing dust and ashes off from his uniform. The pants were torn in a few places, the metal reinforcements dented, and the only thing that truly was left in one piece was the sleeveless shirt that covered his vitals, which was made out of carbon nanotubing, a material as flexible as silk yet as hard as diamond. Even that, however, looked a bit worn.

Eyes hardening, Void was beginning to get more and more serious. Unknown to him, his so-called "chakra" was flaring and rising to levels that might even have worried Kosuke himself had he known for certain that the young man was incapable of using it in the same manner as an Uchiha. Gripping his cracked sword even tighter, Void would disappear from all senses, moving so fast that it made even the bullet from earlier look like molasses. He was up to around a quarter of the speed of light at the moment, and even should Kosuke be able to see him, there was likely no way he could physically react.

Reappearing in a rush of air pressure, the Masamune Type 0 would still be in motion, moving in a downward slash that anyone would be wary of.

After all, Void HAD just lifted 365,000 tons and tossed it aside like it was an annoyance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kosuke
SSS-Rate
SSS-Rate

PostSubject: Re: No Rest For The Wicked (Pt. 2) [Void, Kosuke]   Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:02 pm

The moment he saw the building begin to move, he realized just how serious this fight would become. He needed to know though, just how powerful this person was before he would throw his lot in with them. He was willing to aid them, but by no means would he be willing to aid weaklings. Albeit this person did prove to be stronger than most opponents he had faced in his later years, perhaps he was only drawing out this fight out of pure enjoyment? Activating his six paths sage mode, he would go even a step farther and activate the hidden ninth inner gate, only available to those in the direct lineage of Hagoromo himself. His body was first encased in a black flaming Haori which then formed into white flames and his eyes took on an ethereal glow. His left eye shifting to gain nine tomoe around the rings in his rinnegan. He was glad he took these precautions as it allowed him to keep up with and even match, barely, the speed and strength his opponent had brought out. The man appearing for a downward slice, Kosuke had fo med his own blade from his own pure six paths senjutsu chakra blocking the blade. The very force of the impact created a crater around them. Kosuke struggled against his opponents blade when he decided he had seen enough. “You are much more skilled than I initially thought you to be. I will hear you out.” He wondered if this would be the end of it or if the fight would continue forever? The world may never know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Rest For The Wicked (Pt. 2) [Void, Kosuke]   

Back to top Go down

No Rest For The Wicked (Pt. 2) [Void, Kosuke]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hero Sanctum :: Multiverse :: Universe 1 :: Earth-1 :: Asia :: Japan-
Jump to: