Hero Sanctum

A Free-form place to live out your superhero dreams! Be anyone you want with almost unrestricted powers.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» When In Rome... Watch It Burn [P]
Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:30 pm by Taka

» Godspeed [Updates]
Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:05 pm by Taka

» Mimi “Taka” Wright [FIN]
Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:47 pm by Taka

» Absolute Speed
Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:10 pm by Taka

» No Rest For The Wicked (Pt. 2) [Void, Kosuke]
Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:02 pm by Kosuke

» Wrong Side Of The Law [P,PLOT,INTRO]
Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:20 pm by Chaos

» We have a PLOT?!?!?! [ARC 1]
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:45 am by Chaos

» Vin Devicci [FIN]
Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:04 am by Kosuke

» Organization Test [WIP]
Thu May 31, 2018 5:36 pm by Fortune

Top posting users this week

Share | 

Magus abusing powers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Magus
SSS-Rate
SSS-Rate

PostSubject: Magus abusing powers   Mon May 21, 2018 2:42 pm

He had heard of a person with neigh godly power, and that was always interesting. The immensely tall man who just really wanted to deal with someone interesting. Magus grabbed the boundry of space between him, and the main office, and took himself and his couch into the main office, and landed on the mans desk. The man wasn't there, so he didn't get up yet.

He'd slightly slink over to look at the door. It was to wait for him. Magus wore his typical, less modern clothing. Meaning he wore his typical, greek clothing. He was barefoot though, because he wasn't a fan of footwear. His height and the fact that his couch was able to sit on a typical desk, and the fact that his couch was eight feet long. All of these things meant that his power was constantly being used.

Nonetheless, he laid there, being lethargic as ever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chaos
SSS-Rate
SSS-Rate

PostSubject: Re: Magus abusing powers   Mon May 21, 2018 5:14 pm

Oliver had been in the underground sector of McAllister Tech. He was working on some improvements to his suit that would allow it to handle more of his enhanced powers. Some of the uses he got out of them ended up damaging the nanites in his suit when he unlocked one of the seven seals. He was just about on the verge of a breakthrough when he felt something unusual. His watch was vibrating, signalling some form of breach in the security of his office. Immediately unleashing the seventh seal, but focusing only on a singular aspect of the seal, appearing in his office as though he had been there all along, he would close the seal.

Looking over at the giant of a man who was sitting on a couch that was sitting on his desk, Oliver was unsure exactly what to make of the situation he found himself in. This man seemed harmless enough, obviously he didn't seem malicious at the very least. but he was unsure if the man would change this peaceful behavior during their exchange. So, he would keep his wits about him.

"Who are you? What is your purpose here?" He wasn't exactly sure how to approach this scene he had appeared to. But, he would do his best to keep it at an amicable level throughout. This person was obviously a super of some sort, though he had never felt one on this level up close before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://herosanctum.forumotion.com
Magus
SSS-Rate
SSS-Rate

PostSubject: Re: Magus abusing powers   Mon May 21, 2018 5:24 pm

"Just call me Magus" He released the boundary that held the couch there.  He stayed floating, manipulating the gravity boundary, but spun around to properly look at Oliver.  He was so much less cool looking than Magus thought he would be.  He expected something more..., he wasn't sure, tall? Either way, he decided to stay to see what he had.

"I heard you had a whole lot of power. Is this the fact?"

Magus yawned, releasing the boundary that made him stay airbourne, landing on his feet and stretching. He was sure that Oliver didn't actually know who he was. Most didn't know of him, since he hadn't actually been out for the longest time, since there was no one particularly interesting.

Either way, he couldn't be bothered to care about much else at the moument. Only people of this mans level, could be considered worth anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chaos
SSS-Rate
SSS-Rate

PostSubject: Re: Magus abusing powers   Mon May 21, 2018 6:57 pm

So, this being, Magus, seemed to want to test Oliver's power. It was an unusual request to say the least. It was not that being interested in another's powers was so odd, but the fact this being went out of his way to come here himself to witness the power Oliver had first hand. It was certainly proving to be an interesting day. He was certain that Deus would know who this person was and what they truly wanted out of all this, but Deus was locked away by the seven seals, so he would need to work from his own knowledge. Holding out his right hand, palm facing up, he would instantly create a miniature model of the milky way universe by releasing the Fourth seal, unlocking his creation abilities.

The miniature galaxy spun slowly in his hand as he looked at the large being directly in his eyes, unflinching. "Is this what you mean?" The galaxy would slowly collapse in on itself, vanishing from sight as the seal was closed once more. It was most certainly what most would consider a godlike display of power, but Oliver's perceptions of gods and divine beings has become much more skewed and under scrutiny than they were before he achieved these powers. When Deus was released, Oliver had all the power of one who could rule the omniverse without any struggle. But, he lost a lot of the personality that made him unique. It was a problematic sacrifice for literally unlimited power, but one he would be willing to make in order to save lives.

Oliver would look to the man, it was obvious he had some modicum of power, otherwise he found it doubtful the man would have approached him face to face. "You seem to possess some power as well. Perhaps a demonstration is in order?" He would gesture to the man as he spoke. He was interested in learning more about this, Magus, character.
Back to top Go down
Magus
SSS-Rate
SSS-Rate

PostSubject: Re: Magus abusing powers   Mon May 21, 2018 7:48 pm

'Demonstration' huh? Tch. That's a bothersome thing. But, if it made something at least a little interesting, he'd show his true power. He also figured he should make it look nice. He pretended to grab the air, but that was all just bluffering for what was really happening. He tore at the boundary that kept the office in reality, and quite literally shoved it out of Reality. If one were to look outside the window, one would see that they were nowhere. This was the endless darkness of reality, in fact the only reason that they were still in light, is because Magus wanted so.

"We are out of reality, is that a big enough show of power?"

He held it there, this being nothing to him. This was such an easy feat for him, one could take the next decade and look at him, he'd be the same. He smiled, though. He obviously had a certain level of power, if he were creating galaxies casually, but that was nothing. While Magus had a lack of creative powers, his manipulation of all things was unmatched.

"My real name is Eteonous, you may have read about the man who became a god in your history books. Perhaps your people thought it fake?"

He'd keep them there, just so people didn't ask.

Its to note, they were by all means out of reality, the only thing was. The last bit that was in there, was a sort of anchor. At least, that's easy enough to keep there and trap someone here.

Alas, he'd wait to see how this mildly interesting man responded.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chaos
SSS-Rate
SSS-Rate

PostSubject: Re: Magus abusing powers   Mon May 21, 2018 8:26 pm

Oliver was quite astounded by the power shown by Magus, or the now revealed Eteonous. To remove his office from the confines of reality was surely a powerful ability, and something about the casual way this 'god' used this ability made Oliver think it was only the tip of a very large iceberg. Well, it was good to know now that there were beings of a 'divine' nature at work in this world. He had this guy who seemed to have control over reality, the guy who assaulted him in his office and the guy who took out an entire squad of the ASTF. He would look to Magus, "This is surely a great show of strength. I have heard of you, only in myths and legends. But the concept of divinity is foolish to me. For a man to become likened to a god, that lowers what I believe a god would be. To me, gods are beings of unmatched powers, but, I have yet to meet anyone who could work without any form of limit." He knew that Deus could come close, but he had a time limit. Did this person truly only come to him to see his power? Was someone who claimed divinity truly that bored?
Back to top Go down
Magus
SSS-Rate
SSS-Rate

PostSubject: Re: Magus abusing powers   Mon May 21, 2018 8:50 pm

"You can likely not match me. Let me show you why."

He shoved the office back in reality, casually. The man only had one limitation, and that was the bothersome part. It was instated by, what one could call, his boss. He couldn't obliterate the boundaries, just force them to be so small it seemed like he did. He had to give this man a show of power that would certify his divine nature, which shouldn't be particularly difficult.

He grabbed at Olivers mind, pushing it's boundary. This wasn't to harm him, but it was to show that no matter how infallible, Eteonous would be stronger. He stopped shortly after, realizing a better way to show off his power, to show he was truly divine. He grabbed at the boundary of time around them, and started to push. This was going to tire the god slightly, as despite his immense power, there was a lot of time to go through. He kept pushing until he got to the end, where there was nothing. While nothing was terrifying, Magus forced space to exist. At least, under them. He made sure to modify Olivers physiology so that he could exist in mostly nothingness.

"Is this proof that I am of a divine nature? Or do you need more?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chaos
SSS-Rate
SSS-Rate

PostSubject: Re: Magus abusing powers   Mon May 21, 2018 9:02 pm

The moment he felt something begin to probe his mind, his sixth seal activated almost automatically. This seal opened his Omnilock and Freedom abilities. This allowed him to exist outside of everything, reality, space, time. No boundary could effect him, as he simply existed above them all. The man surely held a drastic amount of power and anyone with even slightly less power than Oliver had access to would be directly at this man's whims. Even Oliver couldn't hold his own in a fight as he could only use one godly power at a time, and the man would surely take advantage of that. But, as it stood, Oliver was convinced this man was both a very high level super and most definitely a threat, but not one he could defeat. Not without using Deus anyways, but that was out of the question. As they stood on the space staring into the emptiness, Oliver looked untouched, no doubt this being would feel that he was existing outside of his control, outside of the effects of his abilities. "If I were anyone else, I'd say that I stood no chance of defeating you. But, I am the incarnation of Deus, the One Above All. You are certainly something that is beyond the scope of any other person I have come across though, that is for certain. What is your purpose with me?" He was curious as to what a being of such immense power could want from him, he kept to himself for the most part, after all.
Back to top Go down
Magus
SSS-Rate
SSS-Rate

PostSubject: Re: Magus abusing powers   Mon May 21, 2018 9:20 pm

The massive being fell backwards, laughing. The Incarnation? Pft. What a guy. He sure had power, that was undebatable. This was a truly interesting fellow. Surely, this man held outside his powers, but therein laid the problem. He wasn't Deus, he was merely an incarnation. That meant, in Magus' mind, that he obviously didn't have the ability to grab all of it.

He wasn't quite sure though. He was sure that the man had near infinite power, which is funny. It's no matter, though. To beat Oliver would be simple, to increase his own strength to impossible levels. Though, it was a bother to have it done here. He pushed themselves back to what would've been present time.

"You're strong, undoubtedly, but I'm curious. How strong are you? Obviously, while you can make yourself immune to my own powers, it must come at some sort of cost? You, yourself, stated that the only ones who didn't have limits, were those who simply divine."

He would sit on Olivers desk, figuring that he wouldn't mind. If he had a meeting, surely it could be put on hold for this interesting thing.

"Before you answer, actually, I'll tell you why I'm here. I'm bored. I've seen all there is to see, and I know even if you win here, you'll die somewhere. Everything does. However, you're strong enough that maybe you can make my existence worth existing for awhile."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chaos
SSS-Rate
SSS-Rate

PostSubject: Re: Magus abusing powers   Mon May 21, 2018 9:35 pm

How strong was he? That is something he never really asked himself, he had no limits physically after all. How would you gauge the strength of something that was literally immeasurable? He supposed that the only way to prove to this being that he was what he said he was would be to show him. Breathing out slowly, he would open his eyes, glowing purple as all seven seals unlocked. His body would be coated in flames that reflected the universe and his eyes would glow like two stars. This was Deus. When he spoke, it came from nowhere and everywhere all at once, including the minds of those around him. This was the One Above All, the being of legends. "I am Deus. I know you, god of boundaries." The room around them would become pure white, fading away leaving them in a totally blank environment. "This is the beginning and the end happening all at once." Suddenly, the white was destroyed by an explosion of color and movement as all of time passed around them, showing them every place and time within the entire omiverse all in an instant. "That was all of time, condensed into a fraction of a nanosecond." Without moving or even showing any signs of using his powers, they were back in the office as though they had never left and Deus receded back into Oliver, as the seven seals locked themselves once again. He actually felt tired after that, though it was to be expected somewhat. The question now though, was what this being was thinking now that he had come face to face with what Oliver could only imagine was the true divine creator of everything, at least that is what he could find in his research anyways.
Back to top Go down
Magus
SSS-Rate
SSS-Rate

PostSubject: Re: Magus abusing powers   Mon May 21, 2018 9:44 pm

Huh. Quite literal. Though, that meant one thing. It wasn't his power. Sure, while it was a terrifying show of power, he couldn't do it at will.  He was so obviously tired afterwards too, that was the power really worth taking out and using? Eteonous had the power to do that, but perhaps not at such a level. He still had arguable limits, though obviously not as limited as this boy. It took time to prove how strong he was, and he couldn't do it just at random. Not to mention, it was Eteonous' bosses power, not Olivers.

He was amused though. He wondered why Deus chose this man as a incarnation. It wasn't that he was offended, Eteonous liked the power he had. He did decide to give the man some sort of note.

"You'll never get to your source of power if you depend entirely on science."

Of course, this was mainly because the science he referred to was so outdated, that even 5 year olds could show it. But, if one were to sit and think, they had to realize that the power in that room could rule everything. Both had the power, and both had the power to stop things. Perhaps, when it came down to it, Eteonous was outmatched.

Not to mention, he had only seen the big old Divine One, once before. That was when he became a god himself. Nothing compared to Deus of course, but Eteonous was strong nonetheless.

"You're unmatched within the world, aren't you? Nothing can stop you. You might find it amusing for now, and it might even spark your curiousity. However..."

He pulled at the boundary for his couch, and as the giant fell back, he landed on his couch. Laying down and relaxing.

"It becomes boring. I've fought many things, I was a great warrior even in life. Priests are something that used to be revered. I'm not sure how they are these days."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chaos
SSS-Rate
SSS-Rate

PostSubject: Re: Magus abusing powers   Mon May 21, 2018 10:11 pm

It would seem that Magus hadn't really been around in the last few centuries. Science had surely progressed by leaps and bounds since the turn of even this century. That and Oliver's ability to use Omniscience meant he could create anything, even if that thing defied the laws of the universe. But, he would simply leave it be. Magus was right though. He had very little entertainment as of late, literally having to hold himself back to the smallest fraction of his true power to feel anything at all, but even less satisfaction as he never put his heart into anything other than finding supers anymore. "It is rather dull. Though I find ways to keep myself amused. Finding supers in this world and putting a stop to them if they cause trouble is one way. Another is reading books and history. I could know everything there is to know at any moment I choose, but I enjoy the suspense of seeing what the free will of the people can accomplish. Sometimes it can surprise me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magus abusing powers   

Back to top Go down

Magus abusing powers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hero Sanctum :: Multiverse :: Universe 1 :: Earth-1 :: America :: New York-
Jump to: