Hero Sanctum

A Free-form place to live out your superhero dreams! Be anyone you want with almost unrestricted powers.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Savior (WIP)
Mon May 14, 2018 12:29 pm by Savior

» Telekinesis
Thu May 10, 2018 10:02 am by Savior

» Rude Awakening, Questions Answered
Thu May 03, 2018 6:43 pm by Fortune

» Hello God, It's Me, Kosuke!
Thu May 03, 2018 5:54 pm by Kosuke

» Alucard, Son of Nytos
Thu May 03, 2018 1:35 pm by Fortune

» Hachimon (Eight Gates)
Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:10 pm by Kosuke

» Anti-Super Taskforce
Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:50 pm by Kosuke

» Uchiha Clan
Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:00 am by Chaos

» Old Blood Awakening
Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:16 pm by Kosuke

Top posting users this week

Share | 

First day of work! [P, VOID]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chaos
SSS-Rate
SSS-Rate

PostSubject: First day of work! [P, VOID]   Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:29 am

Oliver sat behind his desk in the top floor of McAllister Tech. He was waiting on his young protegé to get there. He knew the boy wouldnt be too long as he had taken the liberty of looking at his class schedules to find out when he should be expecting him. His office was the organized chaos that he was used to by now. His desk littered with paperwork and the table off to the side that served as his workbench had a few guns and gadgets suited on it with schematics on the large monitors above the table. Oliver himself, was working on a more secretive project having to do with his old friend, Robby Smith. Robby is the great descendant of Oliver's brother, James. So, when oliver found him, he gave him a minor job in the company. But, after several years, Robby fell sick woth an unknown terminal disease. So, instead of sending him to the nearest hospital for treatments, he was, voluntarily, being stored underground in Olibers med bay while Oliver found a way to save his life. Looking at the DNA reports, the man had some latent mutant genes, but they had yet to activate. So, Oliver would soon be hooking himself and Robby together, hoping that his highly potent mutant blood would kickstart Robby's mutant cells. But, this proceedure was still weeks away, he needed to be very prepared for something of this nature. He also needed to make sure young Shane was getting settled in his new role.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://herosanctum.forumotion.com
Void
SSS-Rate
SSS-Rate

PostSubject: Re: First day of work! [P, VOID]   Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:26 pm

Shane waited for the elevator to open as he made his way to the top of the McAllister Tech building. He had a duffel bag slung over his back, and was carrying two briefcases. One appeared very modern, made of a gunmetal-grey alloy and had an odd locking mechanism on it, and the other was worn, made of black leather and looking like it had seen better days. It was funny, really. The amount of high-tech equipment, research, and weaponry he carried on him, both personal and experimental, was probably enough for the government to lock him away until he rotted while using what they found to outfit the entire military. Yet, none of the employees at McAllister Tech batted an eye at the bags he was carrying, and the secretary at the front desk actually welcomed him to the company and pointed out where he needed to go.

Hearing the ding of the elevator's door opening, and the smooth feminine voice announcing his destination, Shane would walk out of the sizable enclosure and step into his new boss's office. Sending a smile to Oliver immediately, he would look around, allowing the blueprints on the monitors and the experiments on the desk to immediately catch his eye. Setting his own bag down gently and the briefcases almost lovingly, he would immediately wander over to examine the work that his superior had put in, noting the genius behind the designs while mentally making notes that could improve the final product. Turning around to face Oliver with a childlike excitement in his eyes, the look of a true inventor, Shane would almost innocently burst out the first thing that came to mind. "Do you mind if I make a few adjus-I'M SO SORRY! I completely forgot to even say hello!"

Now Shane was embarrassed. This was a total breach of etiquette, and he could only hope that Oliver understood.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chaos
SSS-Rate
SSS-Rate

PostSubject: Re: First day of work! [P, VOID]   Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:54 pm

Oliver glanced up as the elevator dinged signaling his guest had arrived. He closed his computer and took a moment to allow the boy to become acclimated to the room. Immediately Shane studied up on the schematics for the latest edition of the McAllister revolving chaingun, while still in its Beta Stage, he had been offered nearly 30,000,000 Cubes for the first shipment. He had many improvements left however and expected that price to double at least. Finally the boy broke from his stupor and spoke, obviously embarrassed at having gotten so overly excited. Boy, he was in for a treat then. "It is no problem Shane, if anyone understands your excitement it is I. But, we have much more interesting things to discuss before we begin company work. If you would, follow me to my... other office." with that, he would place his hand on a button on his desk, "Missy, i'll be stepping out for a bit. No visitors." With that, the business tycoon would motion for Shane to follow bim back onto the elevator. Once they were inside, he pushed three buttons and the doors would close and they would begin descending at a rapid pace. "Now, before we get there, I have a few questions for you. First, how much have you experimented with your own power? The answer to this question will determine the answers to my next ones." He knew he would have more experience in using his abilities, time gave him that advantage. He also most likely had more ideas on uses of abilities. But, he planned to slowly and methodically catch Shane up to himself over the time they spent together.
Back to top Go down
Void
SSS-Rate
SSS-Rate

PostSubject: Re: First day of work! [P, VOID]   Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:39 pm

Shane quickly picked up his gear and followed Oliver into the elevator once more. Once the question had been asked, the younger of the two men would gain an almost ponderous expression on his face. Eyes flicking back and forth, he would be estimating exactly how much he could accomplish, and how much it was possible to grow. Coming to a conclusion, he would answer as honestly as possible. "I'm really not sure. All I really know about my abilities is that I've never lost before, in absolutely anything. When I was younger the doctors that I was taken to tried just about everything, and I've always won. Chess, video games, sparring, even tactics in a warfare simulator...I suppose I would simply adapt to whatever came my way in order to win?"

Was Shane completely sure about what he was capable of? No, but that was simply because as far as the researchers had figured out he was invincible. He'd never been truly challenged, and it was mildly frustrating. It was as if the only thing that could possibly defeat him would be his own body. Of course, if his hypothesis was correct, that would make training far easier than normal. All they would need to do is find him the best people to spar with, or the smartest minds to compete with, and he would simply raise his own parameters to overcome them. It was the ultimate skill, the ability to adapt and overcome everything without pause with guaranteed success...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chaos
SSS-Rate
SSS-Rate

PostSubject: Re: First day of work! [P, VOID]   Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:17 pm

Listening to the boy, he had to admit, it was about the same place he had been at a similar age. Though he had then spent years testing his powers and exploring the possibilities. Knowing what he now knew about the boy, it would be easy to allow him to test his limits or lack thereof in the danger room. "Well, that is about the answer that I expected. Now, there is no need for my followup questions, so I wil get straight to the explanations. I am a lot older than I may appear. WE have very similar powers, but where you have been training and manifesting yours for twenty one years, I have been working on mine for over two hundred years. I was born in the year 1812, in New York. I then spent the rest of my life training and testing my powers when I wasn't at war. And even some when I was at war. Important facts you need to be made aware of: Our universe is one of many parallel universes. Our is the 'base' and all other universes are based around changes made to the reality of our universe. I learned long ago that one can run fast enough to breech the wall that separates these universes, and as such have traveled to many of them." They continued to descend for a ways before they arrived at the bottom of the shaft with a light ding. When the doors opened, Shane would lay his eyes on technology and gadgets that would be beyond his current scope of comprehension. A majority of the items in this room were either brought from or crafted from things made in universe four, which is thousands of years ahead of their earth in means of technology. It was like walking into a room built in 4102 or something. "This is where I operate and where you shall be operating for the foreseeable future. This technology was brought in from the fourth universe. It is highly advanced compared to our own. Now, my operation is not focused on saving humanity or world peace, or even on some world domination. No, I merely find people who present themselves as "supers", which is the term given that is used through all of the universes, study their powers and leave them be. IF they do prove to be a threat to people or are causing destruction, I will end them, but that is typically not the case." Looking to the boy, to see if he was keeping up so far, it was a lot to take in, but with his abilities he should be at least absorbing it.
Back to top Go down
Void
SSS-Rate
SSS-Rate

PostSubject: Re: First day of work! [P, VOID]   Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:17 pm

As expected, Shane absorbed all of the information given to him in an instant, registering the technology in the room and immediately comparing it to both his father's notes and his own. The most startling thing to him, as he walked into the room, was the striking similarity between several of the systems and blueprints running on the various screens and those he held within Adam Wolfe's old briefcase. Walking over to a table where he could set his things down in the main area, he would swing both briefcases up onto it and slide the duffel off his shoulder. Still listening as he popped the worn steel fittings open, he would pull several documents out of the black leather case and flip through them, comparing them to what he saw within the room. Stilling, even as Oliver told him of the purpose of all of this, Shane would set his papers down and move over to the hight-tech gunmetal case, looking up at Oliver to respond. "That seems like one of the most sensible solutions. If other Supers aren't causing problems, there is no need to out them. Hell, if they use their abilities to help others then that makes it even better. Can you give me a rundown of the different universes, starting with 4? I think I may have discovered something."

Running his hand across his briefcase, a cool blue holographic screen would pulse and open the box, revealing it to be a gun case. Pulling out a large, sleek pistol, Shane would hesitate for a moment before handing it to Oliver. The first thing he would notice is that it was heavy, heavier than most rifles. The second thing would be that there was no sliding mechanisms at all other than the trigger and the magazine, which was filled with odd steel rounds about the size of a .45 bullet with the casing still attached, yet they were all smooth and one piece. "That is the only working model of the Wolf Moon. It's a handheld railgun that can fire with as much or more muzzle velocity and force than the prototype designs that the Navy have been experimenting with, ones that take up buildings with their sheer size. I've always felt like I was missing something critical when I was looking at his notes, and I think that this place is the answer. I guess my father was a couple thousand years ahead of the rest of us..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chaos
SSS-Rate
SSS-Rate

PostSubject: Re: First day of work! [P, VOID]   Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:09 pm

Listening as the boy spoke, he would then look at, receive and examine the gun that Shane would hand him. It was indeed very advanced, especially when one considered WHEN the gun was made. Handing the gun back, he would walk over to a hologram that showed the earth. Turning around to face Shane, leaning against the projector, "Well, I have actually only been to the first five universes. I do know there are seven in total, but of the five I have seen, Here or Universe Four would be the best. But, looking at your father's invention, he was certainly far ahead of his time." Indeed he was ahead of his time. Back to showing the boy around their secret base of operations, "Now over here you will find the Danger Room." He would motion to a large room that looked as though it could be sealed with a steel door. "This room is the most advanced room in the entire base. It is my personal training room, but feel free to use it whenever you wish. It is able to increase the gravity in that space to over 100,000,000 times the gravity of earth. It is also able to make virtual opponents, battle grounds or even entire planets to practice your abilities on. These may be virtual, but they will react in a realistic manner to any damage you do to them. Next, the super computer here is directly linked to computers on this earth and earth four which has information regarding all of the known universes. It also automatically logs and tracks any mention that could be linked to Supers in an algorithm that is even beyond that of the knowledge in universe four." Looking back to Shane, "Now, with your schedule, would you be able to go on international missions?" It was an important question that would need to be answered sooner or later.
Back to top Go down
Void
SSS-Rate
SSS-Rate

PostSubject: Re: First day of work! [P, VOID]   Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:43 pm

Following Oliver around the room was a treat, certainly. Having access to essentially a multiverse-wide internet and database was a dream come true, and an area that could handle the level of training he would need was perfect. Listening to his mentor ask him if his schedule would allow for him to be capable of international missions, Shane would ponder that for a moment before giving an answer. "I'm sure that would be fine. I'm on track to graduating with my PhD this year and am ahead in all of my classes, and Sarah can take care of Riley just fine. Explaining it all away as business trips isn't technically wrong, either, so if push comes to shove I wouldn't be lying. Is there a place where I can design and create something akin to body armor and weaponry? The latter I should be fine with for the moment, but I'll certainly need a better outfit than I'm used to, and probably an alias..."

Shane had a couple designs in mind already, and as for his alias he already knew what he wanted the moment he said it. Something simple, yet something that would symbolize his abilities easily. The first word to pop into his mind fit the bill easily, and was fairly descriptive of what could defeat him, what he WASN'T capable of. Void...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chaos
SSS-Rate
SSS-Rate

PostSubject: Re: First day of work! [P, VOID]   Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:38 pm

Ah yes, the boy would be finishing with his schooling soon which would be for the best. And Oliver had some pull at his school so he could likely get the boy some off time should the need arise. But, there hadn't been a major alert in some time. Looking around the room, Shane no doubt saw the various things and workbenches that were designated to various types of creations, so he was merely asking for permission to use them and thinking aloud as to an alias so he could go without being recognized because the glasses trick can only take you so far. "Feel free to use any of the facilities you see here, other than the medical bay. That is the oly off limits room at the time being, hence why it is sealed shut. But, as for designing gear, armor or weapons, you will find that the workbenches designated for each will be more than adequate. And yes, an alias will be necessary for some of your missions." Pushing a button, his own black suit he had designed a few years ago using tech from universe four would descend. "I became known by the name 'Chaos' during the Great War, or as they call it these days World War One. I was able to use my strength and speed to truly bring chaos and devastation to the opposing forces. I once punched a man so hard that his torso was pushed through the very fabric of time and space and he ended up in another universe. That is when I discovered there were other universes. But, I digress. For now, feel free to work around doing as you like, or ask me any questions you may have. Whenever the next mutant or suspected super that pops into our radar, I will send you alone as your first real mission. I will most likely accompany you on other missions, but the first will be done alone." Nodding his head, he would wait for Shane's reply.
Back to top Go down
Void
SSS-Rate
SSS-Rate

PostSubject: Re: First day of work! [P, VOID]   Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:50 pm

Nodding, Shane would have already walked over to a three-dimensional modeling station and printer loaded with all of the basic elements, and capable of creating virtually anything. Listening to his mentor as he explained what was happening, the boy would begin designing his outfit. A black undersuit made of carbon nanotubing woven into fibers, flexible yet hard as diamond, with tungsten plating on certain hard points to add support and extra defense. The overcoat is bloody crimson, linen reinforced with the same carbon nanotubing. All in all, a sturdy suit of body armor that would protect him even if his own powers ended up failing.

Hitting the print button, the young man would watch as his suit began to come to life before wandering over to his duffel bag, unzipping it and rifling through until he found a katana that he pulled out, a Masamune Type 0 from that odd designer in Japan. Wandering over to the training room, he would begin typing in a few commands, a forest of cherry blossoms appearing through the large doorway as night fell and a beautiful crescent moon arose, illuminating everything yet setting a mood. Frowning, Shane would punch in a few more commands until nodding satisfied, as a lone man appeared with a katana inside, resting on his knees in meditation. Turning to face Oliver, the younger of the two Supers would begin to speak before walking in. "Well, if I'm going to be sent on my first mission alone, I might as well start training with the best. In this case, it's Musashi Miyamoto...Anyway, from now on, call me Void."

The heavy steel door slammed shut behind him with an ominous boom. Oh, Void was in for hell...

[Thread Exit]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chaos
SSS-Rate
SSS-Rate

PostSubject: Re: First day of work! [P, VOID]   Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:10 pm

Young Shane made his costume and his official debut of his "Super" persona. Void, it was a good name he supposed. Watching as he opened the door to the training ground, Oliver immediately recognized the man within, it had been his own sensei after all. Even if it was what felt like a lifetime ago, the man had been one of his teachers when he was in Squad Zero. He had shown him how to wield a blade and the intricacies of sword battles. He had learned a lot under the man. As the doors shut, Oliver would head back up to his office, Shane, no, Void, could handle himself. He had a lot of work to do after all, not that any of it would get done. Perhaps now would be a good time to call up Sarah for some fun in the office. hehehe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First day of work! [P, VOID]   

Back to top Go down

First day of work! [P, VOID]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hero Sanctum :: Multiverse :: Universe 1 :: Earth-1 :: America :: New York-
Jump to: